Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your Journey with Us
We are looking to strengthen our Consulting and Deloitte Digital teams with a DevOps Engineer to help us further grow the business. At Deloitte, we recognize there is no one size fits all career path, and we offer a range of possibilities to shape a unique and fulfilling journey.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning and dynamic teamwork, you're ready for Deloitte Digital.
How you will Make an Impact
In this role, you will join a dynamic cross functional team that is mainly responsible for the implementation of web and mobile applications, core back-office systems, CRM, ERP and BI solutions.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
• Participating in client workshops to understand business and technical requirements for various technology projects;
• Collaborating and supporting other application delivery teams in designing and setting up cloud environment/s and infrastructure, high availability and backup operations, and security hardening of environments;
• Support and providing first/second level of support for all infrastructure across production and development environment/s;
• Continuous monitoring and analysis of security alerts, audit logs and reports;
• Maintaining systems up-to-date through scheduled patching and upgrades;
• Liaising with third party technical teams including client’s IT or technical team;
• Deployment of applications on web servers, configurations and updates;
• Staying up to date with emerging technologies and trends.
Let’s Talk About You
At Deloitte, leaders at every level are characterized by their ability to inspire, support and provide opportunities for people to deliver their best and grow both as professionals and human beings.
Your Leadership skills:
• Builds productive relationships within and across teams; works with others across Deloitte as one team, sharing information and expertise
• Actively thinks of new ways of doing things that help enhance quality and effectiveness or that contribute towards building the service offering
• Gains the trust and confidence of others through their actions
Your Professional skills:
• Works on opportunities to enhance our eminence in the marketplace as identified by and under guidance of leaders
• Stays knowledgeable of technological tools and resources (including emerging ones) and how they can contribute to business operations in the areas we collaborate with internal/external stakeholders
Your Specialized skills:
You will preferably be in possession of a first degree in IT from a recognised university or equivalent certifications and with previous experience in a DevOps, Systems Engineer or similar role. A self-starter by nature, you must have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team.y
Ideally, you are knowledgeable and experienced in one or more of the following areas:
• Managing servers and Microsoft based operating systems in a virtual environment
• Managing and securing database environments, permissions, etc… (preferably with experience in Microsoft SQL Server)
• Networking experience including configuring point-to-point networks, firewalls and application firewalls, network routing, etc…
• Experience with setting up and managing cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure Cloud Services or Amazon Web Services)
• Experience with carrying out preventive maintenance of environments through regular patching, environment monitoring, etc…
• Experience with Azure DevOps and CI/CD knowledge
• Experience with Linux environments would be considered a plus
• 3+ years of working experience in similar roles
Alongside all of Deloitte, we foster the connections necessary to shape a better future for our clients, our culture, our society, and our planet.
Deloitte Digital Malta is part of a global brand, Deloitte that has been around for the past 175 years and currently has over 300,000 employees worldwide making us one of the biggest professional service providers worldwide. Over the years, Deloitte Digital has provided solutions to numerous Maltese organisations across various industries.
We work with our clients to develop customer-centric organisations - helping them take on the challenges of tomorrow and beyond. With deep expertise in data, creative, technology and strategy, we can help you build the types of customer journeys that create new growth.
As a Purpose-led organization, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles that distinguish the Deloitte culture. We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you. We tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
• Health Insurance cover for yourself and dependents.
• Mental health support through sponsored therapy sessions.
• Weekly get-togethers
• Hybrid working option
• Digital learning, mentoring and regular performance snapshots.