There is no doubt that social media channels are a powerful tool for businesses. They help grow a customer base, generate higher brand awareness, and build stronger relationships with customers.
Due to the pandemic, only two formats of online advertising have managed to maintain growth: social media and paid search.
The click-through rate (CTR) for social networks increased by 1.3% during quarter two of 2020. Likely, such an increase was partly a result of higher-quality marketing efforts and a growing interest in this form of advertising.
Social media has also considerably changed the way people consume information. From the desktop era through to the mobile era, the nature of content itself has necessitated change as well. This means that the future development of digital advertising will continuously evolve from desktop to mobile. During 2019, there was an increase of 22% in the use of mobile display ads compared to 2018. The most lucrative segment is video advertising.
Looking at the data and technological influences, we've compiled a list of 8 social media trends for 2021 / 2022. Check them out and see which ones you can use in your social media marketing strategy.
- The new approach towards content marketing
The trend is to show the human side of the organisaton: your team members, who stays behind your success, even the problems you are facing, people would engage even deeper with your brand knowing what uphill battles you have.
- Authenticity: Unfiltered photos, "human" responses without a hint of sales scripts.
- User-generated content (UGC): Reach out to your clients asking for a photo of your product, a review, use their feedback, get their opinion - and you will have the most loyal audience.
- Stories: Stories continue to gain traction, with ad budgets for this placement tripling over the past year! And this is not the limit, the instrument has not yet reached its peak of popularity. New features are added with each update: vote buttons, tests, challenges - use them to interact with your followers.
- Gamification: Have you tried to conduct the game "catch the discount with a screenshot" on your Insta profile? Polls, quizzes, tests, puzzles, games, there are so many options to choose from - try what works best for you. Let it look a little childish, but the results are serious: increase in sales and number of followers.
- Community management
- Shoppable content
- Social media listening
- Collaboration with micro-influencers
- Virtual reality
- Augmented reality
Use these social media trends to your advantage, they will not only allow you to increase your organic reach, build loyalty among the target audience and help you stand out from competitors, but also potentially increase sales as a result.
Our team at Deloitte Digital can help you create an engaging and innovative social media strategy to grow your business in 2022. Reach out to us!